Shrimpish® Citrus Salad
- Servings 2
- Prep time 10-15 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
- Difficulty Easy
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb Shrimpish®
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 english ground pepper sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 2 oranges
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint chopped
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Combine the olive oil, like juice, honey, coriander, salt and freshly found black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the Shrimpish and toss to evenly coat. Let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the Shrimpish is marinating, supreme the oranges and grapefruits, Slice off the top and the bottom of the fruit first to create a flat surface. Then run your knife down the sides of the orange, curving with the shape of the orange, to cut away all the peel. Carefully, make slices on either side of the membranes separating the orange segments, loosening the segments from the orange. Be sure to do this over a bowl to catch all the juices (which you can transfer to a glass and enjoy!).
- Make the dressing by combining the white balsamic vinegar, lime juice, like zest, honey, Dijon mustard and salt. Whisk in the olive oil, drizzling slowly to emulsion and thicken the dressing. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Tear the Bibb lettuce and green leaf lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber and citrus segments.
- Pre-heat a outdoor grill, electric grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the Shrimpish for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, seasoning with salt.
- Drizzle some of the dressing on the salad and toss to coat. Place the grilled Shrimpish on the salad and drizzle a little more of the dressing on op. Finish with the fresh chopped mint leaves and serve immediately.
Keep frozen until use; thaw overnight in the refrigerator before use. Cook to 165F before serving.
Preheat the pan with oil on medium-high heat.
Cook thawed Shrimpish 1-2 minutes per side until reaching an internal temperature of 165F.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; oil/season grill plates for best results.
Grill thawed Shrimpish 1-2 minutes per side until reaching an internal temperature of 165F.